Monday, October 12, 2020

GRADING ISSUES ARE A GRIND!

Students:  Your instructor is making a good-faith effort to get 'caught up' on grading, and overcoming the recent ATLAS outage from last Friday.


But I need some of you to do some things:

1)  First, if you think there is a mistake in your grade, or missing grades, please contact me personally via email or private chat.  I'm having students put questions about their grades broadcasting them in class or during Student Support, when other students are present.  I need to discourage that!   You have a right to expect a level of privacy where your grades are concerned.

2)   If you need help about things other than grading questions, then by all means come to STUDENT SUPPORT when it is offered.  (Please note that it will not be available on Thursday, 9/15 this week).  If you are unable to attend, but need support, you should approach me privately about arranging for one-on-one tutorial time outside of regular class hours.


3)  Finally, please DON'T submit completed work to Microsoft Teams!  I've actually made this request many times in all my classes, and some of you continue to do it, making EXTRA WORK for me.  Some of you do this, even when the Assignment instructions tell you otherwise.   For example, there is a whole group of kids who keep telling me I haven't entered their 'Balanced Equations Study Guide' grade, whose actual instructions read as follows:

I don't use Teams for several reasons, but a very important one is this: it sometimes thinks you've turned in work, when you've actually failed to attach any work: 


I don't trust it to handle your important work.  Please instead send it to me in an email, addressed to: scott.hatfield@fresnounified.org


No comments:

Post a Comment